Saturday, June 16, 2012

Inverse Phase - Pretty Eight Machine


I can't believe it's been 23 years since Nine Inch Nails' album Pretty Hate Machine was released... mostly due to the fact I was learning to walk and talk at the time, but NIN's catalog feels timeless enough in my eyes.

Indeed, you've probably figured out by now that Pretty Eight Machine is the first in a long line of glorious chiptune puns, as well as being the title of the 8-bit rendition of NIN's classic album.

Using a collection of "SID/6581 (Commodore 64), POKEY (Atari 800), straight 2A03 (NES), AY/SCC+ (MSX+Metal Gear 2 or Snatcher cartridge), SN76489 (Sega Master System), 2A03+VRC6 (Famicom+Castlevania 3 cartridge), LR35902 (Game Boy), and OPLL (MSX-MUSIC or Japanese Sega Master System)" and what I can only imagine is a ton of hard work to re-imagine an album like this in much more limiting wave forms.


Available in digital and CD-ROM formats via IP's bandcamp landing page.

4 comments:

  1. As much as this amuses me.. I can't take a whole album of it. I'm at Downloadin' It right now and like, I just wanna stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 23 years? Are you kidding me right now? I feel so old...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks mike, I've been looking for some new tunes to feed my music addiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa this is pretty good :o

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.