Sunday, May 6, 2012

Subp Yao - Smoke Up, Drink Up

Art by Thomas Wahle
Stylss compilation Dutch party-warrior Subp Yao is back in our ears and minds, this time with something more substantial: an entire album all to himself on the record label that keeps on delivering: Saturate.

The album title, a call to festive arms, pretty much speaks for the theme of the album, another installment in the instrumental bass trap-ish vibes that I can't help but embrace. Booming eight-oh-eights, crisp hi-hats, simmering sharp synths to weave it all together, and of course some samples advocating less than amiable acts.

It's a throw-down album through and through, meant more to consume you in front of a triple-digit decibel system rather than soothe your brainwaves during a bubble bath... Setting is everything, and in this case, it will do its job very well.

I'm not entirely sure though, some of you might take some pretty juked-out, crunked-up bubble baths... I won't judge. Preview / name your price below:


14 comments:

  1. I love this stuff, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man this is really good stuff, I love the kind of party, doing whatever you want vibes some of this gives out, it's real quality buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, I'm always open to hear new music! Definitely following you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the first song couldn't hurry hurry fast enough for me. it's just not my style of music. the elements of water reminded me of a dripping water faucet & less of a bubble bath. i gotta say mr. mike, that you do use very vivid hyperbole word description when describing music, which is not for the faint of heart. write on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a while since I last visited your blog. I'm glad to hear that good music that I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful stuff. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice songs here, a lot of artists that I've never heard before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the rain feeling of this song

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice and deep, good songs

    ReplyDelete
  10. different and good and I dont hate 80hate but love 8-hate and all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was weird. There was a few great pieces, but there were times where it just felt like completely different albums. Not sure how I feel about it, but it's not that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man, I didn't like very much of this at all.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.