Friday, April 13, 2012

Solipsist [Experimental Indie Short]


So, it's Friday the 13th, which can mean only one thing: time to sit down, wrap yourself in a blanket, and spend 10 minutes immersing yourself into this experimental indie flick by director Andrew Huang entitled Solipsist.

Will it convince you that your inner self is the only true evidence of existence? Maybe, maybe not... however it will definitely leave you appreciating the amount of effort that the production team exerted to make this visual spectacle a reality.

It's safe for work, however your boss may think that you have joined a psychosomatic space cult, and you shouldn't be watching movies at work anyway (don't worry, I won't tell).


[thanks Oli!]

12 comments:

  1. Oh, it's Friday 13th... I seriously hadn't noticed yet.

    At first, while reading that the director was called Andrew Huang, I thought: Songs to Wear Pants To?! But then I did some googling and realised there's more than one AH. Should've known that.

    Anyhow, I liked the vid, was a bit creepy at times. Should've watched it in full screen though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing visuals there. I haven't seen stuff that beautifully twisted since I saw The Cell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant. Just absolutely brilliant and spectacular. Thanks a ton for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is one of the very few, if not the first moment where I've already seen something you put up here. Quite frankly though, this short is nothing short of stunning, so I gave it another watch. It's always gonna grab my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really awesome, I love these kinds of videos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The video is somehow great. The colors, the wierd compositions but most of the time I was really confused what I was just watching. But psychosomatic space cult is very accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent visual treat. I second Jim, kind of Cell and cirque du soleil kind of vibe. Dark , mysterious and wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was amazing visually, even though the whole wormy type things going over their face made me cringe a bit at the thought. Thankfully I'm not at work so no space cult was had..haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. at 2 minutes in I didn't think that there was any possibility that I would finish this, and yet I did. I feel that I'm weirder for it.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.