Monday, April 23, 2012

Purity Ring - "Obedear"


Speculation has been fluttering briskly since the news of Canadian indie pop project Purity Ring's signing to 4AD Records, and tonight is finally the night where we get four tasty bits of news all at once: an album title (Shrines), a release date, the album art, and most importantly, a new tune from the album to tide us over until the July 24th drop date.

"Obedear", another strange title, but they haven't lost their touch:


If you want it on your hard drive to caress softly at night, you can download the tune for free over at Purity Ring's official site.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the download, I really like the song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a seriously good tune buddy, thanks for sharing this mate, definitely going to get it downloaded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. started off bleh but got good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surrealist pop music is where it's at. Loving this bit of tuneage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, yeah, it is a bit strange. Not bad though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cover is awesome and so is the track. Love that voice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard this specific song, but every purity ring song I hear I usually enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I downloaded it as soon as I saw the link last night, amazing little track and I can't wait for July.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.