Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Anthony Ellect - Beverly Inn EP


Nice surprise to find these sultry, contemplative, bass-riddled vibes from LA producer Anthony Ellect on his latest EP Beverly Inn. There is something eerily nostalgia-inducing about this release, lying somewhere under the surface of the inspired drum sequencing and the soft, lukewarm loops and samples.

As for the titular locale in the album art above, well, it matches the music in a sublime sort of way... spaced and occasionally somber, but beautiful in its own weird West Hollywood sort of way; the setting of an impossible amount of different somnambulant stories. The moment 48 seconds into "Debt" is the audio equivalent of a warm shower after a hangover, almost begging you to let it wash you away.

Download this and everything he's produced so far for free over on his bandcamp page.

9 comments:

  1. Umm... I like the album cover? It's very... motel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enticed by the album cover too just like Nathan and I love the sort of urban, almost used and abused sounding style of the first two songs, there's a lot of beauty in this album for sure and I think I'm going to have to bookmark it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't drink, so "Debt" to me, is the audio equivalent to an aspirin and a soothing bubble bath, when trying to overcome a migraine headache. Though I really don't take bubble baths either, but you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah that time issue... i hear ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was fun, airy. I liked Lone Hold a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is fancy what you would call syrupy?

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.