Thursday, February 9, 2012

Kingdom - Darkness II Mixtape



Fade to Mind head honcho and Night Slugger Kingdom has thrown together a free mixtape in tandem with the release of Darkness II, the sequel to the original hyperbolic gun-toting gore-fest video game of the same name. (For gameplay/walkthrough footage, Hannah of the Yogscast gets my vote).

The mixtape is similarly murky and brooding, featuring a couple of his own tracks alongside Rizzla, Fatima Al Qadri, Terror Danjah and a Total Freedom remix of a Nguzunguzu tune. Hit the jump for full tracklist + download link.



Rizzla - Church
Kingdom - That Mystic
Fatima Al Qadri - How Could I Resist U
Nguzunguzu - Wake Sleep (Total Freedom Remix)
Terror Danjah - Piano Madness
Kingdom - Hood By Air Theme

Click here to be whisked away to the landing page where you can preview/download.

Here's a snippet of Kingdom's "That Mystic" to further tempt you to go grab the mixtape:

That Mystic by kkingdomm

20 comments:

  1. I remember when this comic book first came out in the 90's...never thought i'd read about a mixtape/sountrack/videogame tie in for it two decades later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always know to expect big things from Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting tinges of Eastern sound, then there was some washed out glitch samples, and a few I couldn't identify if they where organic samples or really tight machine generated noises. Pretty well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Downloaded it, was pretty kickass. You sold it to me with the description of it being dark and brooding before I even listened to it lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Darkness is fucking awesome. Sick music too, goin to their site now. Love that scary ehcoy chant thing goin on in the background. Idk what its called but it makes the atmosphere creepy love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. free mix tape always sounds good to me, ill give it a listen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wake Sleep caught my eye.. cool sounds overall. Just a pain in the ass player.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice, I like this :))) & consider yourself tagged in my post too :))
    http://weathercarsandgirlsgoodies.blogspot.com/2012/02/okay.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice...def sets the tone for the game...i too remember the comic book as well...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this man, it's got a very dark but cool sound to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember playing the first one's demo years ago. It was some pretty awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, that's pretty cool of them
    and they have good taste in games aswell

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think "That Mystic" is the best of the tunes. Makes me want to bite my lip and get up and dance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the game and I love this music.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice blog, check out mine sometime, you're in my daily circle now. kylemayday.blogspot.com

    I follow everyone back!!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.