Monday, February 13, 2012

Feelin' Music: V/A - Do The Dilla 2012


Swiss music label Feelin' Music has brought together a horde of talented producers together in order to pay tribute to legendary beat producer J Dilla (James Yancey) by releasing Do The Dilla 2012 - A Tribute To The Drum Master, a free 18 track sample-tastic beat tape in the same vein as the late Yancey's legacy.

Mr. Dibiase, Boombaptist, Ta-Ku and many more all join forces to keep Jay Dee's spirit alive and well, and the whole collection can be yours, free of charge, by clicking through to the bandcamp landing page.

Preview below:

22 comments:

  1. I've been on a bit of a downer all day mate so hearing some awesome music right now is the perfect tonic for me, I love these songs, especially that De La Soul one, damnit that guy can surely produce, just wow. Haven't explored the whole record but I know for a fact I'll be bookmarking this by the time I've listened through, I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great vibe to them, find someone was grand. Weird Circus played well to the cat's ears too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man nice stuff today hell yeah this what Im talking about lol. These tracks are hot. Love it damn. More of these lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with YeamieWaffles this is a great tonic for a grey Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kinda wish this wasn't as good as it is.. 3/4 of it is just amazing to my ears, how to pass up on this while free is.. I don't even know how to do it. The other fourth kinda makes me wish the rest of the album was at the same level so I wouldn't feel obliged to download it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the "A Tribe Called Quest" track.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't listened to De La Soul in far too long. Thanks for bringing it back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great song, waiting for some other awesome swiss tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice stuff, really enjoyed listening through.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this. That and it's free means instant want.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it'll be interesting to see what remixes and such come from this

    ReplyDelete
  12. It faded into the background for me. It's not bad but it doesn't stand out as anything great to me. But like I said, it's not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. well...if i could hear the preview....;(

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.