Saturday, January 21, 2012

SE1DavidE - BermondseyBeats Vol​.​1

Since I'm on a sample-heavy straightforward kick today, here's some more boomBap goodness straight out of London... Bermondsey, to be more precise.

He may be young, but SE1DavidE draws on mature and well rounded sources for his samples, keeping everything uptempo and and progressive on this release, but he pulls influences from multiple genres across his repertoire. Also you have to admire that work ethic... 39 tracks up on his soundcloud page, as well as 3 EPs outside of this release up on his bandcamp page. Oh and did I mention that all of that was uploaded within the past three months?

Have a listen, the album is name-your-price so grab it for whatever you think is fair.

16 comments:

  1. Pretty sweet tracks. Really liked "Girl". Thanks, mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. losing my mind is fun, i enjoyed it ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah not feeling it tonight. Must be something I ate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it like always Mike. Baby, Yeah is awesome in this really abstract way that I honestly do struggle to explain. Sometimes you just know if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Listened to the first 12 tracks as I got ready for work. For my favorites I have a 2-way tie between Girl and Starship. The only one I didn't care for was All That Jazz...I get that he was trying new things, which is awesome, but it just didn't fit with the rest of the album.

    By the way, I want to say that I appreciate your visits and feedback on my site. I haven't been an active commenter lately, so I never took the time to say thanks. Keep the beats coming.

    ~Shane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the comments guys, really appreciated! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is really good, where do you find out about this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn that was nice. How young is this guy? I want to be impressed! Gonna go find out

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the name your price concept - makes getting music without piracy easier for the everyday listener.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "In response to D4"

    I turned 19 on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.