Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cover Radar: Ye Mighty - Fuse

I stumbled across this unlikely cover earlier, a version of Mudson Mohawke's tune "Fuse", as performed by Brighton's neo-jazz duo Ye Mighty.

In my opinion, it'd be tough to top the original, but Ye Mighty definitely bring a fresh and organic perspective to the song, plus it must have been super fun to learn how to play that synth line on brass.

Original by Hudson Mohawke:


Cover by Ye Mighty:



For more Ye Mighty, check out their Bandcamp page, plenty of raucous and rockin newschool jazz to be had.

For more Hudson Mohawke, check out my "Artist Radar" on him here.

So, which one do you prefer? Let me know below!

19 comments:

  1. Mmmm sounds nice I have a pair of Sennheiser headphones

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice...like this one much...both actually....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, personally I think the newest version has a more modern, refined sound but I'm a big fan of both versions. It's hard to decide, the cover probably wins actually, I like these guys a lot to be honest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I like the newer one a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a pretty cool song and it made me think of lizard turkeys while i listened to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to play this one two times and my Mozilla crashed both times...I'll take it as a bad sign :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see that there is another username like mine.

    Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your comments on my blog. I don't have a firm genre for music..anything except hard rock is fine with me.

    This is a cool piece... almost spiritual I'd say ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's hard to pick a favorite with such different genres. I like them both a lot, but I'll always side with the jazzier sound myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like them both too, think I'd go with the original though if I had to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like both versions. I'm just gonna sit on the fence on this one, and Virgil can send me into the Inferno if he likes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the dudes name, that is all. Hudson Hawk is an awesome and silly movie, Hudson Mohawk combines the best thing from the 80's with a humorous movie that has a good deal of old time music.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this
    is
    awesome... very nice tunes,
    and no, this comment wasnt automatically generated

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cheers guys!Really pleased people are feeling it :) (Max from Ye mighty)

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.