Wednesday, November 16, 2011

URGENT: Don't Let Congress Censor The Internet

Hey guys, I know I try to keep things light around here for the most part, but I'd like to get serious for a moment. Today, the United States Congress is holding hearings on a censorship bill that will change the way you use the internet forever.

Sound a little doom and gloomy? Well, I only wish I was exaggerating.

Read the Bill for yourself by clicking here. For a visual explanation, watch the video below:


PROTECT IP Act Breaks The Internet from Fight for the Future on Vimeo.

This Bill does nothing to prevent piracy and will give corporations free reign over what they want to censor. This essentially crushes the internet and its creativity.

Our host here on blogger (Big Daddy Google) and other tech companies such as Mozilla, Yahoo!, and Twitter, have undersigned a full-page ad in the New York Times against this, but it's not clear that the message will get to the people who really need to hear it.

If you enjoy the internet the way it is now, and have a few moments free, I urge you to visit one of the sites below and take a moment to let Congress know we're not going to sit idly by.


All of those have options for non-USA people as well, and the Avaaz one is global from the start. Yes, this law in America will stretch into all corners of the internet, so as a citizen of the world I implore you to take a moment to fight this. 

Please spread these the links above via Twitter / Facebook / Blogger. Let's not let them take the internet away.

Thanks for your time, today is the day to take action. Don't let this become a reality:


30 comments:

  1. I don't think there's much we can go :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap! Will I have to take down that picture on me on the toilet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such horse shit! Instead of doing something about the economy they helps those whiny entertainment idiots, who already have money coming out their behinds. What next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been needing a video like that to share. Already signed, I just need to keep spreading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what?!? did you check this out...alright i am in and going to poke around a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, eff no.

    Signing all the petitions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting, thanks for spreading the word.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This whole censorship thing makes my brain hurt, they cant be serious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bullshit of the highest order. #OCCUPY: INTERNET.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really really sad that this might come into effect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope this doesn't happen :<

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man, this is fucking ridiculous if it goes through. Absolutely, disgustingly ridiculous. Sorry for my language but it's absolutely despicable if this goes through damnit, like seriously wrong. I doubt there's much we can do to change things which makes it even worse. Creativity's stifled at everything else in normal life so why not destroy the internet's potential too, what an excellent government we have!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very well said sir, definitely needs to be kicked in the crackers alright.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is very rediculas stuff! I hope America fights it!
    Also I was supprised to hear in the video they wanted to make VCRs illegal!
    This shits got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw this video today and I am outraged. I can't help but feel like Congress is composed of nothing but a bunch of old men and women who can't wrap their minds around what it means to truly use the Internet. It's a medium that does not need to be bound by such arbitrary laws and restrictions. In many ways, it's kind of a "final frontier". Although truthfully, I feel that the Net Neutrality issue is a far more dangerous threat.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog - I've noticed that your posts center around music. I'm at work now, but when I'm at home I'll be sure to check out more posts. I'm always looking for great music.

    ~SP
    http://www.500daysofshaneiferd.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally agree. With you, not this ridiculous bill.

    ReplyDelete
  17. People at congress are nothing but morons and fools.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, while I still have the chance.....
    Shit, piss, fuck, penis, tits, Joe Biden.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am glad you posted about this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for posting this.

    I can't believe the US is acting like such a hypocrite. On one hand countries like China get shit for censoring the internet, and now the US sees no trouble in trying to do the same.

    I really hope this bill does not get passed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Better not get passed, this pisses me off

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.