Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Collab Radar: Skylines

This collaboration is really a blessing for me, as I would probably feature all these artists individually (who am I kidding, I probably will anyway), but Skylines is the side project / collaboration between Party Trash and the vocals from Top Girls and Raw Moans.

The end result is pretty dreamy, and I mean that in the most literal sense possible: if there was ever a soundtrack for a washed out, syrupy, blurred pastel daydream... this would be it.

Vibes on this collaborative effort aren't completely ambient or aloof, the backbone driving beat is omnipresent, even if it's subtle (as in the free single "@Dawn"). I've listened to the album several times now, but this is my first time with headphones, and there is a whole lot of faint but refined audio tactics at play, including vocal panning.

Speaking of the vocals, it says a lot when guys can pull off a falsetto without sounding like a cheesy wedding song. That's certainly one way to curb your own sound, I don't see too many other indie guys reaching for the mack daddy falsetto.

Anyway, here's the self-titled release they presented yesterday for $3, have a listen and leave all positive or negative feedback in the comments section below. If you like what you hear, make sure to click the links above and check out the individual bandcamps of all the members.

15 comments:

  1. This is pretty neat, and a steal of a deal for 3 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont think I've ever heard anything like it, definitely unique

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice! Love this kind of music :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marker's Mark is soo relaxing..I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. no complaints, slow vaguely reminds me of take my breath away on "slow down", has a little bit of an 80's vib with some of the synth work and drum fills. Almost all of them start with an "oohh oooh ooooooh" type of lead in, kind of funny if you click through them and listen to just the intro of all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're definitley correct about it being dreamy, It's very calming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little fazed out right now and this sounds so amazing because of it, just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What you say? What? Sorry I missed that I was day dreaming. Can you repeat it?..haha

    Truly does have a day dreamy vibe, nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I took a nap. You would think that's a bad thing, but it was good. It was real good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the sound of the third track

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know the first track is meant to be peaceful and stuff, but it sounded somehow grating :x

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.