Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Free Beat Tape: Digi G'Alessio - The Yellow Book

As I continue to fall in love with the Italian beat scene, I keep digging up gem after gem of creative and bizarre beats and mixtapes.

One such artist that I can't help but notice is Digi G'Alessio, who has released countless official and unofficial albums over the past few years. This might lead you to believe that his tunes are somewhat watered down because of this, but oh no. They may be short, but every jam seems to be as inspired as the last, I have yet to find one that didn't move me in some way or another, even if it had me smiling and scratching my head.

His beats vary from being crunch-tastic to being lo-fi warbles that would fit right at home on the show Adventure Time (see the track "Un'estate a latina"). This release is full of surprises. I implore you to listen to more than one track, as there's no real definitive sound for this release, The Yellow Book, out earlier this year (for free, natch) on Belgium label Plynt Records.

19 comments:

  1. haha they all sound like nintendo/sega theme songs with a newer mix to em. good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first track I clicked, "First Aid" is so full of 8-bit audio bliss. Takes me back to the good old days. I'm hooked.

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sounds of the first one are cool. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to give these a listen tonight, for some reason yours and a handful of other blogs I follow aren't showing up on my dashboard...so I didn't even see you posted.lame. have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice...putting them on the download...

    and dustee, happening on my end too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah some blogs don't show up on mine either, but yours does. Agree sounds like some neat nintendo type tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are opening up a new world for me. I love it.
    Great Sound!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is excellent stuff, I love it man.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not really my kind of stuff, but i did like to hear some tracks. ;>

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great songs! Definitely feelin these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautifully varied. Like, an all around great listen just for its diversity. I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First aid was a little creepy, reminds me an abandoned circus or something xD

    ReplyDelete
  13. First aid sounds like MC Hawking and the whole track just oozes nerdcore sound. I love it. I think this morning I will post some nerdcore now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. bloop bleep sound is played out in my mind. I hope people get over it soon. First song was way not for me. Second is growing on me, but still has a few unfiltered high squeaks that hurt my ears. I like the beat and speak and spell speaking on the 3rd track. 4th made me smile in the opening, doo de doo de dooh! I feel like these could be sample for more extended songs, the shortness makes for a strange experience as you jump from track to track.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.