Saturday, September 10, 2011

Artist Radar - Party Trash

Old school readers might remember my random friend feature on Meth Dad, a chaotically creative musician that I've had the pleasure of partying with during my days in Tennessee.

Well buckle up your britches because I have the next installment locked, loaded and ready to spray all over your heaving bosom: Party Trash.

Cut from the same magical cloth that is Blastoids, Party Trash is the side project of another 33% of the group. Another fervently creative individual, Mr. Trash truly is a glowing core of exploration.

In the same witch-house-y vein as some other acts, Party Trash will drag you into seemingly endless areas of musical and artistic depths.

FATHER by PARTY TRASH

In addition to his solo efforts, he also has serious knack knuckles for chopping and screwing the hell out of top 40 songs, turning each one into a baby-making symphony of airy deliciousness, with a side of love syrup, as exemplified with his name-your-price album, </3.


My pick for this one: track #3, the Mariah jam is endlessly smooth.

If you like the feeling of riding a rainbow dolphin through seas of syrup while wearing a Paula Dean mask (and let's face it, you know you do), you'll want to give Party Trash a solid exploration.

I can also attest to him being a solid dude, so if you're ever lucky enough to hear of one of his shows going down, throw your planner to the wind and hit it up, give him a shout after the show and tell him Knell sent you.

34 comments:

  1. The first song was very flat. But I liked the second one alot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good. :D My headphones finally came in, so now I'm listening to this as it was intended to be! For me, I usually like stuff that's less electro, but this has the beat in the background that's really awesome, and new sound effects that gradually come in out of nowhere really makes this interesting to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, after only having listened Father and Will, i must say that father sucked and the MJ cover was pretty good. To judge fairly i would have to listen a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool music as always. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not an oldschool reader, but I like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked some of </3, some songs were a bit long for my taste but it's a pretty fun listen. The self titled though, dunno, just too harsh for my tastes right now. I'm sure in a different mood I could get into it, but I liked The Way It Goes best, which is kinda just putting everything back into peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome music, like your blog =D
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. "If you like the feeling of riding a rainbow dolphin through seas of syrup while wearing a Paula Dean mask"...alright..you got me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great selection as always. I like how these things are fun to listen as a personal soundtrack to mundane activities, like blogging and eating cookies. They make them a million times cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice sharing! The song sounds attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have to say that this is not my music style, but these song are really good.
    nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Meth Dad, what a great name, is his real name walter white?

    ReplyDelete
  13. <3 solid, very solid stuff. I feel like PARTYING! YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just awarded you some fun award or something. Enjoy mate.

    http://lifeofcray.blogspot.com/2011/09/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its like a hurricane inside of my brain

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know whats up but the songs wouldn't load for me...=/

    ReplyDelete
  17. ahah, I remember these guys from myspace! Super neat for giving them exposure. Good on you mate! these kids love their drugs, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. NICE. I really liked "Father" but then the songs with the lyrics I didn't like so much. Thanks for sharing though, I love new music :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. By court order, I'm not allowed to ride dolphins for the next 14 years.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You should write album descriptions. Seriously. This line sold me:

    "turning each one into a baby-making symphony of airy deliciousness, with a side of love syrup"

    I'LL BUY 20 COPIES NOW

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're music's always really good, man :) I'm starting to trust your taste.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.