Monday, August 1, 2011

Artist Watch - Svpreme Fiend

When it comes to UK Garage / 2-step revival, you may not be looking on the East Coast of the United States for artists that are bringing the heat. This, of course, would lead you to miss out on one of the front liners in the revival, a man who calls himself Svpreme Fiend.

Recently featured by none other than England's premiere DJ Mary Anne Hobbs , it's become undeniable that Svpreme has succeeded in embracing the sound and making it his own.

Svpreme Fiend - Heartache VIP by svpreme

Hailing from New York, Svpreme has a presence and sense of humor that a lot of musicians lack. If you take him at face value, you miss out on a lot of what he has to offer, musically and otherwise.

For starters, he embraces his haters, and even quotes them. He has the snarky sense of humor that understands that people won't always get his music, so if they want to label him as "medatative [sic] bullshit", he's more than happy to let them, and will probably end up calling his tunes that later on, appreciating the people who aren't as short sighted when it comes to the genre.

Releases are forthcoming and steady, and he has even expressed interest in producing "haus" (house) music, so keep Svpreme firmly in your sights.... if you're into that kind of meditative bullshit, I guess.

He also likes cats.

Svpreme Fiend - Deluge VIP (Preview) by svpreme
Svpreme Fiend - Lament (Preview) by svpreme

33 comments:

  1. "He also likes cats"
    I lol'd at that :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, not feeling the tunes but that GIF is trippy as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gif on the bottom is melting my mind

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't like this style of house though :( sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, how awesome is your background? Space lion woooo!

    Not really my genre, but I'm sure there's a crowd for this kind of music. Actually, I remember there used to be a music show (not sure about terminology here, excuse my faulty English) on one of our Belgian radio stations where they featured these kind of non-mainstream artists.
    Oh and, I love people who make fun of their haters. Haters gonna hate, so you better just have a good laugh at them.
    ---
    Thanks for the comment! And for following! You're my number 69 haha!
    Ah don't worry, I'm not cool enough to be up to date with memes or celebrities. So I prefer to keep my mouth shut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That gif freaked me out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tracks, i hate to say, werent that good. I felt em pretty dull and plain. Just not my thing
    :(
    On an unrelated topic, i just found out you have a lion with a space suit as a background, it looks great! I wish i had a giraffe with a space suit in my blog hahaha and the last gif is creepy, but everyone told you that before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not too much a fan of the genre, but the 1st track was pretty cool. I have a hard time finding a situation where it would be useful or I'd picture myself listening to it though. But it is great putting the spotlight on the guy, I think that is awesome enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd say you were spot on with the "meditative bullshit" label. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice selections, as always, although this isn't really my kind of music. That image at the end is trippy as balls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Svpreme is definitely one of my favourite artists, funny, i was thinking of making a post on him! ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. pretty cool stuff that gif is trippy haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. gif reminds me of some mushys or the el es day.

    music matches that mood. tripppppy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. listenig to the first track right now, it's very down tempo and chill. thank$ for $haring, hope you check out my goods as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh god, creepy melting face...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why do I keep watching that gif!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great music...creepy gif tho lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. More music producers need a similar mentality *cough Rebecca Black cough* some producers take themselves too seriously, music is supposed to be fun and it is supposed to be enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This music definitely melts MY face off, nice man

    ReplyDelete
  20. They weren't bad. Not great, but not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  21. First one was a little boring to me, but it was still alright.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Almost shat my pant when I saw that .gif lol
    Loved those sounds, I wonder where I can get them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. lool another cool gif :D
    btw good post!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What happened to her faceee? :O lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. So that gif is what it would be like to trip acid.... god I hope not. Not what I typically listen to, but I imagine that it could be sampled and add something interesting to a different genre. It sounded like it was waiting for vocals to start at any minute.

    ReplyDelete
  26. nice songs + weird gif = great post lawl

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.